Monday, March 4, 2013

if you're having a hard time

.



My relationship with God is something I hold very close to my heart.  I know that He hears my prayers and that He knows me very individually.  This testimony brings me more comfort and peace than perhaps anything else.  The knowledge that when I feel alone, or sad, or have messed up, that God will always love me and will always be there is powerful.  This week I read Romans chapter 8.  My professor expressed to us that when he is having a hard time, this chapter is something that he always turns to.  And when I read it, it was clear to me why.  Hear is one of my favorite excerpts:

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered" (Romans 8:26).

Wow.  When I am on my knees in prayer, not knowing how to express my thoughts or concerns to the Lord, the Spirit can do it for me.  Heavenly Father knows me and he knows my heart, even when I am unable to find words for Him.  

And another gem:

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39).

Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment